Case Manager- Minnesota Afghan Program
- Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- WFH Flexible
- US-Based Positions
Case Manager- Minnesota Afghan Program
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Targeted Case Manager for CVT’s new Afghan Program in Minnesota in partnership with the Afghan Cultural Society (ACS) to coordinate case management services with case manager staff at ACS. The Afghan program will provide interdisciplinary mental health and community services both on-site at ACS and in a CVT outpatient clinic setting, offering individual, family, group and community-level interventions for Afghan humanitarian parolees. This individual will work in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team at CVT and with partner organization ACS.
- Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Remote status: 40% remote, 60% In-person
- Full/part-time status: Full-time
- Hiring salary: $50,607 - $63,259
- Position is open to candidates who reside in and are eligible to work in the US
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Individual Case Management: Provide drop in case management for ACS clients before and after group sessions and as needed for discrete case management needs like help completing paperwork, understanding school and health documents and making external referrals. Provide case management to a caseload of individual clients. Complete functional assessment and develop a wellness plan in coordination with other providers. Seek, develop and coordinate community referrals to facilitate client’s biopsychosocial rehabilitation goals. Monitor and evaluate service delivery and client progress in meeting occupational, educational, social and other recovery goals. Complete case notes for services delivered.
- Group/Family Services: Co-facilitate psychoeducational and other groups as appropriate to case manager role. Provide family- based case management to clients enrolled in family programming. Complete treatment plans and case notes for services delivered.
- Screening and Intake: Conduct screening phone calls for referred clients to assess for eligibility. Participate in a weekly eligibility meeting with CVT and ACS staff. Complete intake forms and initial assessments for accepted clients.
- Outreach and Training: Together, with other clinical team members and IRC staff, conduct and participate in outreach and training activities for the community. These can include psychoeducation sessions, health fairs, as well as consultations with partner organizations including health, educational, employment and social service providers.
- Interdisciplinary Team Collaboration: Work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team context and with staff. Provide input to team members regarding clients’ psychological progress and seek input from others about related treatment needs. Participate in formal and informal case consultation meetings with clinicians across U.S. clinical programs.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor of Social Work or related Social Science field or equivalent experience
- 6 months cross-cultural experience providing social work in any of the following settings: social services, healthcare, mental health
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- 2 years of cross-cultural experience providing social work in any of the following settings: social services, healthcare, mental health
- Bachelor or Master of Social Work (or related field)
- Licensed as a Social Worker in Minnesota
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- In addition to fluency in English (required), fluency in either Dari or Pashto is required. Fluency is defined by the ability to speak, read and write in the language.
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends (flex-time) depending on community availability
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, recognize appropriate boundaries and cope with emotionally stressful situations
- Knowledge of or ability to seek out community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple priorities and one's own schedule
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
- CVT has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place for US-based employees
- Typical office environment for in person services, home visits for family services, staff home office for tele-health/ remote work
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 40%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 10%
Travel: Ability to travel to a variety of locations in the Twin Cities metro.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
This job is opened until filled.
Hiring Timeline: Most CVT hiring processes for US-based positions take about 8 weeks from when the position closes to when an offer is made to a candidate.
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.