- St. Paul, Minnesota
- WFH Flexible
- US-Based Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring an Accountant whose job duties will include (but not limited to) accounts payable (AP), journal entry posting and prep of financial reports. The Accountant will understand the policies and practices related to accounting, including the impact they have on customer and vendor invoicing. They will carry out month-end processes related to AP. The Accountant will also be assigned monthly general ledger account reconciliations that interface with AP.
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Remote status: 80% remote/20% in-office
Compensation and benefits: $22.35-$27.88 per hour, benefits-eligible
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Accounts Payable: Process AP invoices and obtain proper approvals and G/L coding. Process expense reports, including credit card and personal expense reimbursement (ensuring proper approvals and G/L coding) in Concur (CVT’s business expense reporting platform). Administer the Concur system. Work with vendors to resolve invoice issues. Set-up vendors and assist in the 1099 reporting process. Participate in weekly payment preparation. In partnership with other Finance department staff, carry out cash application and customer invoice creation. Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Month-End Processes: Prepare monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations, as assigned. This includes prepaid expenses and depreciation expenses.
- Administrative support for Finance. This includes, but is not limited to weekly Finance mail distribution, run monthly postage machine reports and ad hoc support for other Finance staff.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Associate’s degree in accounting and 5 years of experience processing AP and other general accounting tasks OR Bachelor's degree in accounting and 3 years of experience processing AP and other general accounting tasks
- Demonstrated experience using finance-related software for general ledger and expense reporting (CVT uses Microsoft Biz Central and Concur)
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Demonstrated success training staff on AP processes in a virtual environment
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and skilled at applying knowledge to day-to-day work
- Extremely detail-oriented and committed to accuracy in work products
- Strong customer service skills; ability to explain instructions and engage in problem-solving with staff members and vendors related to AP inquiries
- Ability to provide clear and thorough training to staff members regarding AP processes via Zoom and using PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Commitment to engaging in human rights work, and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within the organization
- Excellent skills in organization and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to create and update various Excel worksheets
Work Environment (subject to change):
- CVT has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place for US-based employees
- Typical office environment
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 90%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 20%
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
The position is opened until filled.
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.