Senior Clinician for External Relations
- 24 Jun 2018
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- US-Based Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Senior Clinician for External Relations who will utilize clinical expertise to advance CVT’s policy advocacy priorities by engaging with policymakers, government officials and other stakeholders. Important policy areas include medical billing, targeted case management, health insurance and other social safety net mechanisms that support survivors of torture and war trauma. Through trainings and educational events, this position will leverage CVT’s unique knowledge as a provider of rehabilitative care to torture and war trauma survivors, families and communities. The Senior Clinician will also contribute clinical expertise through training, e-learning and remote/onsite consultations, as part of a capacity-building project that works with torture rehabilitation programs around the country.
- Capacity-building and Training: Plan and conduct specialized webinars for clinical professionals working in the field of torture rehabilitation. Collaborate with capacity-building staff to develop clinical workshops and identify subject matter experts and trainers to deliver the content. Conduct on-site evaluations with partner organizations, as needed, and respond to requests from domestic torture survivor programs for remote technical/clinical consultations. Develop and review training and e-learning course materials and other related content prior to dissemination.
- Strategy Development and Implementation: In collaboration with the Director of External Relations, Strategic Initiatives Officer, and the Director of Client Services, partner in the development and implementation of strategies that advance CVT’s rehabilitation work. Approaches will include engagement with other health and human service organizations; state and local officials; insurance providers and state Medical Assistance/Medicaid staff; the media; CVT supporters; and colleagues in CVT’s program partnerships.
- Education of Policymakers: Organize and participate in briefings, discussions and negotiations with policymakers to include legislators; officials from the Departments of Human Services and Health; county representatives for Targeted Case Management and other billable services CVT provides; and other key members of state and local government. Cultivate relationships with key policy advocates and legislators.
- Client and Program Stories: Partner with clinical staff members to generate clinical content for CVT’s policy advocacy, communications and fund development efforts. Represent CVT in media interviews, public speaking engagements, and public presentations related to external relations functions.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- MA in psychology, social work, nursing or related mental health field
- 5 years of experience encompassing both provision of mental health services and engagement in policy advocacy
- Experience working with immigrant or refugee populations
- Experience developing and implementing training for both mental health practitioners and professionals in areas such as law, policy, health care, etc.
- Knowledge of funding mechanisms for clinical services that are offered through state and local governments and private insurance
- Experience in policy advocacy, communications or fundraising
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- 8 years of experience providing mental health services
- Experience working with survivors of torture or trauma
- Experience working with community-based organizations
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering engaging training both in-person and online
- Familiarity and comfort with use of strategic plans to generate organizational growth and change
- Experience managing full lifecycles of projects, including strategy development, plan creation, and implementation
- Excellent skills in developing and maintaining trusting relationships with professionals in a wide range of fields
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to travel within the state and nationally, up to 10% time
- Commitment to human rights
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by June 24, 2018
Affirmative Action/EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/E-Verify Employer