- 25 Mar 2018
- St. Paul, MN
- US-Based Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring an Events Specialist to support CVT’s overall fundraising strategy by managing various public and private events, locally and nationally. The Events Specialist will engage with current and prospective donors, volunteers and corporations in an effort to build relationships and support for CVT.
- Event Management: Leads planning for and implementation of regular fundraising and donor cultivation events, in collaboration with Major Gifts Officer and others in Development Department. Events include an annual fundraising breakfast, quarterly donor briefings, house parties and other events. Coordinate logistical and administrative details with Major Gifts & Events Associate. Partner with Communications Department to create and execute marketing strategy for events. Work cross-departmentally to develop compelling and timely programming content for events.
- Donor Cultivation: Build relationships with current and prospective donors through events. Create strategies for recruiting guests to events and engage with attendees afterward. Collaborate with Major Gifts Officer to recruit and manage table captains for annual fundraising breakfast. Schedule independent tours of the St. Paul Healing Center with donors as-needed. Co-lead monthly tours of the St. Paul Healing Center for current and prospective donors.
- Corporate Donor Relations: Manage a portfolio of corporate prospects and donors. Seek and secure event sponsorships and other corporate support. Research CVT supporters to identify new corporate prospects.
- Individual Donor Relations: In coordination with Major Gifts Officer and Director of Development, steward donors and create strategies for increasing donor engagement via events and other opportunities.
- Database Administration: Create event summary reports to track and measure donor progress in the pipeline. Create reports to measure event impact. Enter data, ensure information integrity, run queries and exports to extract data for event reporting and donor stewardship.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in events management and/or 2 years of experience in fundraising
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of fundraising and events management experience
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Competency in Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent fundraising software)
- Demonstrated success in managing special events that achieve goals
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to excel working independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Access to a vehicle to drive between metro locations on a regular basis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by March 25, 2018
Affirmative Action/EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/E-Verify Employer