Senior Systems Administrator
- Mar 31, 2023
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- WFH Flexible
- US-Based Positions
Senior Systems Administrator
CVT is excited to announce our search for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our global staff.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be a critical member of a small, growing IT team, and will support technology infrastructure for staff based in the United States, Middle East, Africa, and other parts of the world. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with substantial sysadmin experience who is enthusiastic about working creatively and collaboratively to grow and refine CVT’s global IT infrastructure.
This position will be a key internal resource responsible for the operation, administration, configuration, support, and continued maintenance of CVT’s hybrid-cloud server/network infrastructure and enterprise applications, including:
- Network components (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, wireless controllers, etc.)
- Server/Storage components (rack servers, SAN/NAS storage, tape autoloaders, battery backups, etc.)
- Hybrid Infrastructure applications (O365 and Azure environments, endpoint management, virtual servers, backup appliances, hypervisors, operating systems, phone systems, Active Directory, SQL, DFS, Remote Desktop, Antivirus, DNS, DHCP, access control, configuration management, business continuity, etc.)
The Senior Systems Administrator will implement a wide variety of technology projects related to the maintenance and improvement of CVT’s IT operations, as we seek to expand our ability to offer more and better technology services to all of our 400+ staff around the world.
This position will collaborate closely with, support, and train other IT department staff, including CVT’s cybersecurity and web projects leads, and will work as a member of the IT operations team to help resolve level II and III technical support issues.
- Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
- Reports to: Director of IT
- Remote status: Up to 40% time in-office may be required.
- Hiring range: Salary for the position starts at $89,654
- Position is open to candidates who reside in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota region and are eligible to work in the US.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- System administration: Manage enterprise technology systems such as Azure, Intune, Office 365, VMware vSphere, Veeam, Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, File Services (DFS), Remote Desktop, Endpoint Management, Antivirus/EDR, helpdesk ticketing, DNS, phone system, Zoom, and various other SaaS solutions. Manage virtual servers in hybrid-cloud environment. Install, configure, and perform maintenance on server operating systems. Monitor and maintain server performance. Develop and maintain business continuity systems.
- Research, Troubleshooting, and Problem Resolution: Perform research in order to quickly learn new concepts and integrate that knowledge into the overall scheme of IT operations. Collaborate closely with IT team colleagues to identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve systemic technology issues. Communicate and provide guidance to IT operations team about system changes. Provide technical leadership to resolve level II and III technology issues.
- Project implementation: Design and implement technology projects as needed by the technology department. Use change management best-practices to develop plans, communicate impacts, track dependencies, and provide required follow-up.
- Network administration: Install, configure, and maintain LAN, WLAN, WAN, and storage networks including firewalls, routers, switches. Monitor network performance.
- Hardware maintenance: Perform hardware maintenance including installation, configuration, and maintenance of rack servers, storage appliances, tape autoloader, UPS, access control, and A/V systems.
- Documentation: Create infrastructure and network diagrams. Inventory systems, hardware, and software. Write instructions and knowledge-base articles. Create and maintain documentation of various systems, processes, and procedures. Develop and document plans for business continuity. Perform other documentation as needed.
- Other Duties: Perform regulatory compliance duties related to HIPAA, risk management, cybersecurity, and other IT internal controls and best-practices. Frequently communicate and collaborate with staff, and external parties. Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant system administration experience
- Prior experience with Azure, Azure AD, Office 365, Intune, and Microsoft cloud environments.
- Prior experience with virtual infrastructure
- Prior experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, Remote Desktop, Group Policy
- Prior experience with automation and scripting
- Prior experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN networking
- Experience with datacenter hardware, including servers, storage appliances, backup appliances
- Experience in developing and implementing technology projects
- Experience researching and troubleshooting technology problems
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Experience with Linux-based server operating systems
- Experience with various PaaS solutions (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Working experience in a global company
- Experience working in complex environments with strict regulatory compliance obligations
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Excellent knowledge system administration best-practices
- Proficiency in datacenter and cloud-based infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WLAN/WAN networking
- Ability to efficiently research and troubleshoot technology issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with team members from various business units/functions and countries
- Ability to complete tasks under pressure, and juggling multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of system administration, enterprise tools, and industry trends
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships, including the ability to work cross-culturally
- Ability to provide synchronous and asynchronous technical training, as well as to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Commitment to engaging in human rights work, and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within the organization
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Typical office environment
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 95%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 20%
Travel: Some travel is required, up to 15%. Candidates must be local to the Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota region.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by March 31, 2023 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.