S'gaw and Pwo Karen Interpreter (Part-Time)
- Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- US-Based Positions
- $28.00 per hour
The Center for Victims of Torture is seeking a S'gaw and Pwo Interpreter (speaker of both languages) to provide interpretation services to clients who are receiving psychotherapy, social work and medical services in St. Paul, Minnesota. These services are provided on a combination of in-person and remote basis.
Provide interpretation services to international clients who are receiving psychotherapy, social work, and medical services. Interpretation services are provided on a part-time, as-needed basis.
Hours vary, but typically interpreters will work an average of 10 hours per week, during the week days (M-F between 9AM-5PM).
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpreting skills.
- Fluency in both S'gaw and Pwo Karen
- Interpreting experience in the medical, mental health, or social services areas preferred.
- Familiarity with terminology and concepts in health care and social services.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated compliance with the role and ethics of interpreting, including confidentiality and boundaries, as they relate to mental health settings.
- Interested in the advancement of human rights.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during the week day and to accurately manage a changing schedule. (No weekends)
- Must have access to technology and confidential space to provide interpretation remotely.
Hourly Rate: $28 per hour
Estimated Hours: Average of 10 hours per week. Schedule may vary week-to-week
Work Environment: CVT has a COVID-19 vaccine mandate in place for all US-based employees
Application Process: Submit resume and cover letter to http://cvt.simplicant.com.
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.