The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Mental Health Case Manager & Social Worker to provide targeted case management and social rehabilitation services to clients from diverse geographic, cultural and social backgrounds, as part of a multi-disciplinary healing team. Pursue opportunities beyond direct client care in areas such as resource building related to client social service needs.
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Remote status: 40%
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Direct Case Management: Assess, plan, coordinate and monitor needs of clients. Seek, develop and coordinate community referrals to facilitate biopsychosocial rehabilitation goals of clients. Assist clients in obtaining needed biopsychosocial services. Monitor and evaluate service delivery and client progress in meeting occupational, educational, social and other recovery goals related to clients’ mental health needs. Meet with client as needed and minimally once per month. Actively participate in termination and discharge planning. Inform clients of their rights regarding mental health services.
- Social Rehabilitation: Coordinate and plan interventions to facilitate social rehabilitation goals of clients, including need for stabilization, as well as social reconnection with self, others and the community. Provide skilled, task-oriented problem-solving methods along with targeted community referrals. Provide supportive counseling and crisis counseling as needed. Utilize individual, group and family intervention methods within a professional healing relationship.
- Client Documentation: Complete functional assessment and develop individual community support plan in coordination with the client, healing team, and others within 30 days of first meeting. Complete initial paperwork assessments per Targeted Case Management requirements. Complete case notes using DAP format. Review and update care plans every 6 months for clients.
- Team Collaboration: Participate in clinical supervision, case consultations, administrative reviews and informal consultations as needed.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Two years of cross-cultural experience providing social work in a social services or health care / mental health setting, to include the ability to intervene appropriately in a therapeutic manner based on the psychological presentation of clients.
- LSW required
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Three or more years of cross-cultural experience providing social work in a social services or health care / mental health setting, to include the ability to intervene appropriately in a therapeutic manner based on the psychological presentation of clients.
- Master of Social Work preferred
- LGSW or LICSW preferred
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, recognize appropriate boundaries and cope with emotionally stressful situations
- Knowledge of or ability to seek out community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple priorities and one's own schedule
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Supervisory Responsibilities: This is a non-supervisory position
Work Environment (subject to change):
- Healing services are extended to clients on an outpatient basis in a renovated Victorian home to create a comfortable and welcoming environment
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 60%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 30%
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, of up to 5 pounds.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time to a variety of locations within metro
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 11, 2021 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position