The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Social Worker & Targeted Case Management Supervisor to provide targeted case management and social rehabilitation services to clients from diverse geographic, cultural and social backgrounds, as part of an interdisciplinary team. Provide clinical supervision and consultation, as appropriate, to social workers.
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Remote status: 40%
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Clinical Supervision: Provide face-to-face individual and group supervision to case managers in identifying and assessing the needs of clients, setting and monitoring appropriate service outcomes. Oversee the quality of Targeted Case Management service delivery for assigned supervisees to ensure that expected outcomes and documentation needs are met. Promote a learning culture and positive morale among social workers by attending proactively to staff self-care within social services and advancing discipline-specific growth opportunities.
- Client Care: Provide social rehabilitation and case management services to clients. Complete all required internal and external documentation such as functional assessments, treatment plans, and evaluations measures. Participate in clinical supervision, case consultations, administrative reviews and informal consultations as needed.
- Program Consultation: Advise Clinic Manager on social service needs of the Healing Center.
- Public Education: Participate in Communications and Development activities, including conducting media interviews, participating in tours, facilitating the collection and use of client stories, and attending fundraising events.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Masters of Social Work degree
- Holds licensure as an LICSW Licensing Supervisor
- Five years’ experience providing social work services serving diverse and/or vulnerable populations
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Five years’ experience providing social work services to survivors of trauma
- Two years’ experience providing clinical supervision or mental health case management supervision
- Experience working with a diverse range of international populations
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to develop training curriculum and present to internal and external audiences
- Skills in working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and use of targeted case management practices
- Knowledge of immigration and asylum-seeking processes
- Language skills, in addition to English, preferred
- Skills and experience working with interpreters
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Excellent skills in organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Commitment to engaging in human rights work, and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within the organization
Supervisory Responsibilities: No administrative supervision. Position provides clinical supervision to staff and interns.
Work Environment (subject to change):
- Healing services are extended to clients on an outpatient basis in a renovated Victorian home to create a comfortable and welcoming environment
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 70%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 30%
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, of up to 5 pounds.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time to a variety of locations within metro
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 11, 2021 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.