The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Senior Finance Analyst responsible for Finance department processes, systems and reporting in order to assist Finance and organization leadership with planning and decision-making. Creates and analyzes budgets and financial statements. Develops and maintains planning models and engages in forecasting. Will implement, maintain and administer Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota or United States
Remote status: Primarily remote with WFH Flexibility. 100% remote to start, with plans to be up to 50% in office.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Organization Budget and Forecast Preparation: Responsible for preparation of the operating budget, capital budget, and long-range financial plan. Partner with the CFO and Controller to ensure the integrity of data inputs and final budget. Generate periodic forecast and modeling by working with budget managers as requested.
- Financial Statement Preparation and Management: Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting and analysis of the results compared to budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate executive and management decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and Key Performance Indicators in support of the strategic plan.
- Grant Reporting: Collaborate with accounting team and all operational areas to develop reporting specifications, methods and procedures that satisfy financial reporting needs as it relates to grant proposals and monthly grant reporting.
- Accounting System Management: Oversite of accounting systems administration, implementations and updates including creation, maintenance and terminating financial application user accounts.
- Department Support: Assist with Finance department functions including assigned monthly close procedures and audit requests. Leverage experience to identify and implement process improvements which save time, money and improve accuracy. Provide training and mentorship to other staff members.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Math or Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of finance or accounting experience, including budgeting, forecasting and use of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) reporting tools
- 3 years of advanced Excel (data-mining, analytics and report modeling)
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or currently enrolled in a related Master’s degree program
- 5 years of advanced Excel experience
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Business Central or Prophix
- Demonstrated experience as financial system administrator (including implementation) is a plus
- Previous role within a Financial Planning & Analysis department (or similar department)
- Knowledge of grant and fund accounting
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success at identifying and implementing process improvements
- Strong ability to collaborate with colleagues to solve problems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills including ability to work across cultures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook and Word)
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Foreign language fluency is a plus (especially Spanish or Arabic)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Supervisory Responsibilities: This is a non-supervisory position
Work Environment (subject to change):
- Typical office environment: Work will be 100% remote to start, with occasionally in-person meeting.
- Time spent on the computer is approximately 90%
- Time spent in virtual meetings is approximately 20-25%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, of up to 5 pounds.
Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time to a variety of locations within metro, as well as limited national and international travel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by September 20, 2021 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.