CVT Georgia is adding medical services to our program in Clarkston. We are hiring a Medical Doctor to help create this integrated care program and to provide basic primary care to clients. The MD will be responsible for designing and implementing CVT’s human rights-focused medical care model with a health equity lens for refugees and immigrants who are trauma survivors. They will work with clients in our healing center on assessment, education and referrals, participate as part of the interdisciplinary team and serve as an advocate in accessing medical care for a traumatized population that is largely uninsured and under-resourced.
Location: Clarkston, Georgia
Hours per week: 10
Currently, most clinical services are taking place virtually. When our office re-open for in-person services, this position will work in the office.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of war trauma and torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
Our work in the Atlanta area takes place in Clarkston, Georgia. CVT extends rehabilitative care to refugees and asylum seekers, incorporating the specialized care that is most effective for survivors of war trauma and torture who have fled their countries to the U.S. in search of safety and a new beginning. Our clients come from Central America, South America, the Middle East and Africa. We use a holistic model of care that incorporates psychotherapy, case management and professional interpretation to address the unique needs of clients in a safe therapeutic space.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
• Licensed in Georgia as a Medical Doctor
• Five years’ experience providing basic primary care services to diverse and/or vulnerable populations
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse range of international populations
• Demonstrated experience making assisted referrals (e.g., providing accompaniment, using a relational approach to help patients follow up on referrals over time, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience delivering services via interpreters
• Demonstrated experience setting up medical clinic to address physical and mental health needs (including program components, physical space, equipment and record keeping requirements)
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Skills in working as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Knowledge of local health care and health insurance resources for low-income or marginalized populations
• Knowledge of the medical needs of traumatized populations and the intersection between health and human rights, particularly for refugees and immigrants
• Skills in developing a clinic-based program that addresses physical and mental health
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with community partners
• Ability to deliver services via interpreter
• Knowledge of and interest in addressing healthcare disparities within the US and within the Atlanta metro area
• Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with individuals across an organization
• Ability to develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
• Interest and ability to engage in diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within the organization
• Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel) and experience utilizing electronic medical record systems
• Interest in or commitment to human rights
Salary: $100- $120 per hour, depending on qualifications
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to http://cvt.simplicant.com/.
Position is open until filled.
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position