The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Digital and Direct Mail Fundraising Specialist be a leader in expanding and further adapting our digital fundraising; managing our direct response agency and other related vendors to plan, implement, and evaluate all elements of digital and mail giving programs. Position will bring content marketing strategy to all elements of digital and mail giving programs, while working to implement and evaluate the integrated plans to engage existing and acquire new supporters and donors through a variety of platforms. This position will raise over $1 million annually.
We are open to considering candidates who would work remotely from across the U.S.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Donor Communications: Partner with the individual giving team to manage all direct donor channels, including direct mail, email, annual giving days and digital fundraising. Responsible for strategy and implementation of direct donor fundraising campaigns, including partnering with the relevant teams at CVT (Donor Engagement, Communications, Public Policy, IT and Finance) to facilitate a superior direct donor experience from acquisition to stewardship. Assist with correspondence, stewardship and cultivation of donors. Manage the relationship with the direct response vendor.
- External Relations: In partnership with CVT’s direct response agency and CVT’s Public Policy and Communications teams, serve as project manager for all mailings, e-communications, policy actions, and donor acknowledgements to relevant groups and individuals.
- Content Market Strategy: develop and implement a strategic marketing approach to deliver content that is valuable, relevant, diverse, inclusive and consistent to attract and retain donors and supporters to CVT’s mission.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrate excellent relationship management capabilities with individual donors, volunteers, external partners, and the CVT team. Build and maintain collaborative relationship with the Development team and the larger External Relations team, as well as across the organization.
- Reporting: Analyze giving trends, lapsed donors, opportunities for growth. Measure and report on fundraising effectiveness in the direct response program.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of professional fundraising experience, including direct response and digital fundraising
- Demonstrated experience integrated marketing plans to drive revenue
- Demonstrating experience using social analytics tools
- Demonstrated experience managing full charge direct mail agency, including revenue generation, contract management, and daily project management
- Demonstrated experience applying diversity, equity and inclusion concepts to fundraising practices and products
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to use key performance indicators to track success
- Ability to execute fundraising plans that grow revenue
- Expertise in use and functionality of Convio/Luminate direct mail system or equivalent
- Ability to work proactively and successfully across two levels of team; the Development department and the larger External Relations department
- Ability to manage daily work of a remote agency to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem solving and innovative thinking
- Interest and ability to engage in diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within the organization
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, as fundraising messages and policy actions are subject to quick change
- Sound judgment, discretion, and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality
- Proficiency with donor database systems. Raisers Edge preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to uphold CVT values of hope, human dignity, integrity, equity, and collaboration
- Commitment to advancing human rights
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by April 25, 2021
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position