The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Director of IT who will direct the development, design/architecture, installation, analysis, and on-going improvement of the information technology infrastructure to maintain security, performance, scalability, and reliability to support CVT’s strategic and operational goals and objectives. This position works across multiple sites in Minnesota, the US and globally (including some technologically challenging locations). Position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota (with three locations in the Twin Cities and one in St. Cloud), and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and manages the IT annual operating and capital budgets. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives. Advance strategic plan initiatives with departmental as well as organization-wide focus. Develop and implement strategies, work plans and budgets that align with organizational priorities. Serve on Risk Management Team and Special Response Teams, as needed. Serve as a representative of the organization and foster relationships that advance organizational priorities.
- IT Leadership: Lead IT Advisory Team. Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define systems requirements for new technology initiatives. Define and communicate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Team Leadership & Management: Manage and supervise staff. Build and maintain a strong and cohesive team. Hire, train, coach and develop staff members through ongoing feedback as well as formal performance management systems. Hold regular supervisory meetings with direct reports. Coordinate and facilitate team meetings. Ensure achievement of goals. Develop and maintain annual work plans. Coordinate workflow, resources and priorities.
- Project Management: Provide IT project management oversight for projects involving internal staff and/or vendor partner resources and ensures the projects are delivered within scope, timeline, and budget constraints. Provide regular status reports to all stakeholders.
- IT Initiatives: Promote and manage strategic relationships with IT vendors. Manage and provide responsive end-user assistance for supported hardware and software. Assist users with data analysis and reporting to support effective data-driven decision making. Provide and/or arrange for staff technology training, as needed. Serve as system administrator for enterprise systems.
- Governance and Compliance: Serve as HIPAA Security Officer, participate in CVT Security and Compliance Team as necessary. Reviews contracts for hardware, software, and IT services. Ensure IT system operations comply with applicable laws and regulations. Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan. Keep current with trends and issues in the IT field including current technologies and pricing. Advises, counsels, and educates executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Associates degree in computer science, information systems, business or other related field
- Three years of experience managing an IT operation with multiple locations
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Previous work experience with new project start-up
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business or other related field
- More than three years of experience managing an IT operation with multiple locations
- More than three years of experience working in IT operations globally
- Experience with the applications development lifecycle from business requirements analysis through implementation and maintenance
- Previous work experience in under-resourced environments
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Substantial experience with supporting a variety of hardware and software including Windows desktops and laptops, network switches, firewalls, servers storage arrays, backup appliances, other data center infrastructure, enterprise virtualization systems, email, database and document management systems in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience with HIPAA and PCI/DSS regulatory environments.
- Experience creating and managing IT budgets
- Ability to provide technical support to remote employees
- Experience with SQL database querying, reporting, and data analytics
- Experience operationalizing with cyber security principles and practices
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
To be considered, you must submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by May 5, 2019
CVT is an Affirmative Action, EEO, Minorities, Female, Veterans, Disabled, E-Verify Employer