Part-time Billing and Records Coordinator
- 25 Nov 2018
- Clarkston, Georgia, United States of America
- US-Based Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Billing & Records Coordinator to be responsible for behavioral health services billing for CVT Atlanta (a small group of providers). This position will work under the supervision of CVT’s Electronic Health Records Administrator to provide on-site coordination of provider credentialing, billing, insurance referrals, records requests, and audits of related documentation. The Coordinator tracks insurance status of clients, makes referrals to external insurance navigator services, and updates client insurance. Position is part-time (20 hours per week) and based near the Atlanta, Georgia metro area.
- Medical Billing: Ensure timely submission of medical billing for all eligible services in order to receive payments promptly. Maintain and update client demographic and insurance records. Verify client eligibility for benefits and work with client services to ensure authorizations and referrals are in place for the necessary services. Access services and client information within the electronic health records systems. Prepare and submit claims electronically to clearinghouse. Record payments from insurance companies and check each payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount. Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances. Review accounts and follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe. Create and run reports within the EHR system. Answer client or insurance inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Credentialing: Maintain accurate credentialing for a small group of providers. Pursue credentialing for insurances new to CVT Atlanta and held by current clients. Obtain all necessary information and process credentialing and re-credentialing applications in a timely manner. Monitor the application process through successful completion. Maintain accurate records of applications, licenses, NPI numbers, and other provider/clinic data.
- Facilitate Insurance and Billing: Refer, prepare, and support eligible clients in accessing health insurance navigator services. Work with CVT’s billing coordinator and other medical billing centers to resolve outstanding client accounts. Maintain various lists for tracking client information related to insurance and assist in communication and updating of insurance. Maintain contact with counties, state and/or other payers for purposes of insurance enrollment and informational updates.
- Assist with additional administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor and Atlanta program manager. These include, but are not limited to, research and inquiries into billing expansion or ongoing billing/client insurance issues and assistance with medical records.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- At least two years of medical billing experience, preferably in a mental health setting
- Experience with Medicaid/Medicare billing in the state of Georgia
- Experience with refugee and immigrant communities
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Demonstrated interest and experience in remaining current regarding knowledge of medical billing and ability to research answers to questions arising from the unique circumstances of CVT
- Experience working with and billing from an Electronic Health Records system
- Medical billing and code certification
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 25, 2018 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
Affirmative Action/EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/E-Verify Employer