Assistant to the Deputy Director
- 22 Apr 2018
- St. Paul, MN
- US-Based Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring an Assistant to the Deputy Director to enhance the Deputy Director’s effectiveness by providing administrative support and coordinating schedules, logistics, communications and requests. This position will provide administrative support to Risk Management Team to ensure coordinated incident responses.
- Administrative and Program Support: Coordinate workflow and assist in prioritization of work to relieve Deputy Director of administrative tasks. Screen and manage emails/mail communication, records, reports, processing of expense reports and reimbursements. Coordinate records and files, prepare and update documents, assist with strategic planning, annual budget process, work planning, and other processes.
- Risk Management Team Coordination: Under the direction of Deputy Director, plan, organize, and implement comprehensive risk management, HIPAA, safety, and training activities. Coordinate and monitor day-to-day and long-term risk management initiatives. Analyze, develop, and recommend improvements to risk management policies and procedures; serve as Crisis Coordinator.
- Facilities Support: Collaborate with Office Coordinator on facilities duties including: assessing and responding to facilities-related risks and hazards, training staff on appropriate responses (such as evacuation protocols), meeting with vendors and participating in site visits as-needed. Provide front desk coverage on a regular basis.
- Meeting Support: Support the work of the Clinical Program Group and other organizational meetings convened by the Deputy Director by scheduling meetings, coordinating logistics, preparing materials, maintaining records, preparing minutes, coordinating meeting technology and providing follow-up, all in a timely manner. Manage logistics for organization-wide staff activities.
- Communication: Serve as liaison between the Deputy Director and staff members, board members, potential donors and other stakeholders. Draft and distribute communications on behalf of the Deputy Director. Assure product reflects high professional standards.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two years’ experience supporting an executive or management staff member
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Three or more years’ experience supporting an executive or management staff member
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders; staff, management, board members, vendors, and others
- Ability to manage complex projects and processes and maintain excellent records
- Ability to manage confidential and/ or sensitive material
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel) and communications technology (Skype or web-conferencing software).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, project coordination, record-keeping, attention to detail, planning, problem-solving and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Periodic access to a car to travel between office locations in the metro area
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by April 22, 2018
Affirmative Action/EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/E-Verify Employer