Program Evaluation Advisor
- Amman, Jordan
- International Positions
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Program Evaluation Advisor to design, coordinate and implement monitoring & evaluation (M&E) systems and initiatives related to the effectiveness of a program serving survivors of torture. This position will support and collaborate with field-based M&E staff in the collection, storage, analysis and reporting of client and program data. Assist in using knowledge gained through evaluation for program design and disseminating results to advance knowledge in the field.
Location: Amman, Jordan
Duration: Now through August 31, 2018
Post status: May be accompanied
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Research Associate (based at headquarters)
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Systems Design and Implementation: Collaborate with program, clinical, M&E and research staff to review current M&E practices and systems, recommend enhancements, and implement new M&E initiatives. Implement and maintain systems to ensure data quality and protection.
- Build Capacity of M&E Staff: Deliver coaching and training on M&E measures and methods, including data collection, data entry, data cleaning, measure creation and implementation, data analysis, software utilization, and development of proposals and reports.
- Reporting and Dissemination: Effectively utilize M&E data to conduct program monitoring and reporting. Advise program leaders on the implications of evaluation findings. Develop and deliver trainings to staff and external stakeholders. Analyze data, develop reports, and publish and present on findings from M&E to support the program and to advance knowledge in the field of torture treatment and trauma.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- M.A. or M.S. in psychology, evaluation, public health or a related field in the social sciences, with a strong emphasis on research and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- 2 years of experience in applied research methodologies and M&E systems.
- Experience with a range of evaluation approaches with an emphasis on quantitative approaches.
- Experience conducting descriptive, bi-variate and multivariate inferential statistical tests.
- Experience designing M&E systems and instructing on evaluation concepts.
- Experience working in international settings.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- PhD in behavioral or social sciences.
- Experience working with refugees and/or survivors of torture or other gross human rights violations.
- Experience with qualitative approaches to evaluation.
- Experience writing or collaborating on proposals, grants and reports to funding entities.
- Experience in applying academic/theoretical ideas and knowledge in concrete, real-world, settings.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Sufficient understanding of human rights, health and mental health constructs to work with teams of practitioners in the development of population and context sensitive methods and measures.
- Ability to conduct analyses using statistical software such as SPSS or SAS.
- English fluency required. Arabic skills preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Significant experience in the interpretation of research findings for use in applied settings.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to cope with multiple demands, manage priorities and meet deadlines).
- Interest in or commitment to human rights.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by to http://cvt.simplicant.com/